ssh connection closed after successful authentication

Since today I have a problem on my root server that drives me mad. Usualy I
can log in via public key authentication with no problem. Now I get:

debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent
debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS
debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received
debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent
debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,keyboard-interactive
debug1: Trying private key: /home/eggert/.ssh/identity
debug1: Trying private key: /home/eggert/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: Offering public key: /home/eggert/.ssh/id_dsa
debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-dss blen 434
debug1: read PEM private key done: type DSA
debug1: Authentication succeeded (publickey).
debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
debug1: Entering interactive session.
debug1: channel 0: free: client-session, nchannels 1
Connection to xxxx closed by remote host.
Connection to xxxx closed.

so all looks fine, until at the end. What's wrong? Is my box cracked? The
web services run fine, so far.
Eggert

  • Key-based authentication in SSH with Sun Directory Server 6.3 (On Solaris 10 client)
    ... I'm having problems with key-based authentication on one of my Solaris ... debug1: Connection established. ... # rlogin service (explicit because of pam_rhost_auth) ... # Default definitions for Authentication management ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Public key authentication doesnt work
    ... the remote .ssh/authorized_keys but still the public key authentication ... debug1: Connection established. ... debug2: fd 3 setting O_NONBLOCK ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • LDAP Authentication via SSH
    ... authenticate via SSH to the LDAP server. ... debug1: Connecting to ldapclient.domain port 22. ... debug1: Next authentication method: keyboard-interactive ... # rlogin service (explicit because of pam_rhost_auth) ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: SSH from windows to linux using public key authentication
    ... Linux Linux wrote: ... public key authentication. ... I have copied exact same public key to my Prolinux and it's not working. ... debug1: Next authentication method: publickey ...
    (RedHat)
  • Bad passphrase with public key authentication
    ... I'm setting up my server to use public key authentication. ... debug1: Connection established. ... debug3: Not a RSA1 key file server_rsa_macbook.pub. ... debug2: fd 3 setting O_NONBLOCK ...
    (SSH)