SSH and iptables
- From: Steven Jones <sjones@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 18:04:11 GMT
I am looking for iptables rules to do the following:
When an SSH connection attempt (at the standard port) from a given IP
address fails, no further SSH connections will be accepted from that IP
address for 60 seconds.
If, on the other hand, the connection attempt succeeds, then that IP
address is free to start as many (successful) SSH connections within the
next 60 seconds (and beyond, in fact).
Is this possible? I am aware of numerous iptables rules that can do
something similar. The catch is that they can't tell whether or not a
connection attempt was unsuccessful.
- Prev by Date: Re: searching LAN chat tools supporting multi-user
- Next by Date: Re: CAT 5 vs CAT 6
- Previous by thread: Startup Problem
- Next by thread: Re: SSH and iptables