Re: Loosing UDP packets...

googlegroups@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Still, as a practical matter, Linux tends to drop my data on its way
out of the box. Silently spilling data off the top of a full socket
buffer is particularly annoying. It's dropping the OP's data too.

For non-blocking, does data ever actually queue in the socket buffer
under Linux?

I didn't mean to start a religious battle. I mentioned Solaris only
because it's the other main platform where I support those
applications, and It's been so much nicer to my data.

I wasn't tweaking on Solaris, just the absolute assertion :)

rick jones