Re: How to configure Sendmail

Hi praveen,

My preference is to use Postfix rather than sendmail.

sendmail is more complex than postfix.

postfix is very easy to configure.

For any mail system, DNS is requirred.
so first setup DNS.
Than setup postfix.

visit http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com

It has full details about linux neteworking.

wishes.

T.Shrinivasan.

  • Re: sendmail vs. postfix question
    ... > Sendmail is a large, monolithic, complicated program that runs as ... > Sendmail configuration is complicated and arcane -- it is the ... > Postfix has a different architecture, ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: [opensuse] How to monitor Linux systems from a focal/central point (was: ranting and raving abo
    ... I'm perfectly well aware of how to set up Postfix, and, for my sins, ... workstation ran Postfix, exim, sendmail or other such MTA. ... this is solely regarding the case of a minimal install on a resource-limited ... client machine that has absolutely no need for an MTA to be installed. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Large Prod Env Mail Host Was [Re: ClamAV Feedback]
    ... > Postfix is inappropriate for our task as it's not configurable enough ... Milter and LDAP support must be ... I believe you're building sendmail yourself them. ... > users to change their passwords and other things on the LDAP servers. ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: java on RH AS 3.0?
    ... same program names) and switch between them without uninstalling either. ... Its most common use is to switch between sendmail and postfix, ... is done using a series of 'slave' links which are automtically switched ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: DistroWatch: A First Look At FreeBSD-7.0
    ... Sendmail is outdated and the config file is ... Postfix in my opinion is the best MTA. ... the config and thus if I can I pick exim because that's what I'm ... base system like FreeBSD's simply does not exist. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)