Re: Two network adapters on seperate networks problem

Are you sure all those hosts are directly connected to the network
attached to eth0 and hence do not need a gateway? (Maybe something is
proxy ARPing for them??) Did you try pinging or otherwise contacting
all of them? If you can contact them directly without a gateway, this
doesn't match the original netmask you gave us.

I think each system is connected to a local switch with several other
local devices, and then this switch is connected back to a central
large switch/router that implements the access control lists, vlans,
etc. I'm not too clear of the exact topolgy truthfully. But, I can
connect to all of the rooms, which did actually surprise me, so
something out there is making it work. Just in case, I changed the
route command to specify the gw 10.9.81.193 for these routes:

/sbin/route -v add -host $ip gw 10.9.81.193 eth0

Is there a way to tell eth0 to use the gateway 10.9.81.193 for all
connections? I didn't see a way to really do that with the route
command. Maybe I don't want to do that anyways, since it is working
now, why push it...

You seem to have snipped out the entry for the network attached to eth0
(169.254.0.0 doesn't count).

Here is what I snipped out:
10.9.81.192 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.192 U 0 0 0
eth0

.