Re: Private DNS across a VPN..

"Scott Moseman" <scmoseman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1144155742.138938.58650@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The "DNS and Bind" book make cover getting your DNS server setup, but I
doubt it is going to help you too much getting the VPN setup. Do you
already have a VPN setup? If not, that is going to be much more
complex than setting up a simple DNS server.

Thanks,
Scott

Not yet. I was going to mess with OpenVPN. http://openvpn.net/

It runs on multiple platforms and should be do-able. Most of the
"client-side" computers are going to have dynamic IP's, hence wanting to
setup DNS server (on a static IP, of course) rather than deal with any of
the dynamic IP services (i.e., dyndns.org).

Thanks...

  • VPN Clients Internet Access
    ... I finally got VPN setup with my ... PIX 520. ... Now I can browse other computers in the network etc only ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Peer to Peer over VPN
    ... I've got a VPN setup between my work and home. ... I use remote desktop to ... computers I can't get the same two way access to files. ... What am I missing? ...