Re: Why aren't host names showing up with ssh?

Hi Dave -

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:23:30 -0500, Dave Uhring <daveuhring@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I suppose then that we need to change this (from BIND 9 Configuration
Reference (p38 of 39):

+-------------------------------+
|$ORIGIN|2.1.10.in-addr.arpa |
|-------+-----------------------|
|3 |IN PTR foo.example.com.|
+-------------------------------+

+-------------------------------+
|$ORIGIN|2.1.10.rev-addr.arpa |
|-------+-----------------------|
|3 |REV PTR foo.example.com.|
+-------------------------------+

According to my BIND book, that IN stands for INternet, not INverse.

PTR (PoinTeR) is what makes it inverse/reverse.

--
Ken
http://www.kensims.net/

  • Re: Typecasting pointers
    ... array of shorts, and initialize them all to the same value. ... You're saving the value of ptr so you can freeit later. ... A pointer increment advances the pointer by one object size, ... optimizing compiler could have done a better job than you have. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • RE: Multiple pointer entry`s for pc`s
    ... Pointer (PTR) RRs are used to support the reverse ... resolve this information to the DNS domain name for that computer. ... PTR RRs can be added to a zone in several ways: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • Re: use delete to destroy primitive/object types but memory is not freed
    ... the safest approach is to think of a pointer as an opaque ... The call to mallocallocates memory space for a double object; ... We then assign a value to the double object that ptr points to, ... The C runtime system has reserved that chunk of memory, ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: How to know the memory pointed by a ptr is freed?
    ... Section 3.3.4 of the C89 standard expressly allows conversions between ... the integer type is wide enough to hold a pointer. ... The pointer might be loaded in to an address register causing the ... Why would the contents of "ptr" be placed into an address ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: How to know the memory pointed by a ptr is freed?
    ... > And what about the 37 copies made of that pointer after it was ... the value of "ptr" ... pattern stored in "ptr", or does it mean that we cannot under any ... that we gave that memory back to the system and any access to it ...
    (comp.lang.c)