Re: wu-ftp directory list failure

On Tue, 23 May 2006 19:25:53 -0700, hendeda wrote:

I have installed both wu-ftp and proftp (not at the same time) and
are using cuteFTP to log into my ftp server (i have also tried Windows
ftp commandline client). I can connect using the account credentials
(ie username/password), but when I try to list the directory contents,
I get "200 PORT command successful", but no directory contents.

Set the mode to "passive" immediately after logging in:

ftp> passive

  • Re: Problems with FTP... User getting 421 error...
    ... is not to be taken as gospel or anything near good security policies. ... The administrator could make a ftp connection and see the share. ... risk and you need to be strict on a good password policy. ... >entering the correct username/password and in the FTP log, ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: Problems with FTP... User getting 421 error...
    ... same username/password combination as many other FTP users that are having ... Our firewall indicates an "allowed" incoming connection from his IP so it is ... > I had some issues recently with ftp. ... > risk and you need to be strict on a good password policy. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: how do i do a FTP or NFS instal
    ... I asked you whether you could ftp using that username/password from ... i left that out didnt i. ... Yes i tested from my laptop. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Write File to Network Drive using Wi Fi connection
    ... As for the username/password issue. ... > If on each Server I created the share ReportsToPrint wouldn't this still ... >> If every server would have FTP running on it, then you could, in theory, ... >> FTP to send the data file to the server. ...