Re: about installing ntop

In comp.os.linux.networking Moe Trin <ibuprofin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Sat, 1 Jul 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking, in article
<ao7jn3-s87.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Heiming wrote:

[..]

While looking for a GB switch for my (small) home lan it took
some time to find a switch that is configurable (RS232 login)
while remaining halfway affordable. The only one I found
available to me and bought was a 1000/100/10Mbit "longshine" 8
port switch.

What's the bandwidth verses cost? I know in 100BaseT, the extra bux buys a
lot more bandwidth.

Iirc switch + 2 intel GB nics (cooper) were about 250,- Euro
(some years ago). Perhaps about 5x the price of 100 MBit/sec for
10x the bandwidth. Hard to compare if you go for 100MBit nics +
switch as cheap as possible it might be even more.

[..]

As mentioned before, we have extra fans on just about everything because it
gets warm in where the computers are (it's +43C outside at the moment, and
thanks to the air conditioner, it's only +25C inside). But the stereo is
on, and that masks a lot of the other noise.

Just turned on my mobile dual tube A/C, it's supposed to be hot
again today, it's just 7:30 (GMT+2). About 30-33C, doesn't sound
that much but high humidity kills you off even at those
temperatures in this country. ;(

LCD monitors help lots, CRT types produce magnitudes more heat.

[..]

mail: echo zvpunry@xxxxxxxxxx | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 45: virus attack, luser responsible
.