Re: NFS V4 + mmap

Hi
thats a pretty good response - but u forget am trying to write an app -
some suggestions
on writing would have been appreciated, but thanks for your "time"!.

David M wrote:
On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:06:36 -0700, jon wayne rearranged some electrons to
form:

Hi
[
environ
linux 2.6
NFS V4
]
I'm writing an app to tranfer a large number of files from the nfs
client to the server periodically.

Instead of using read/writes , I thinking of using memory mapped i/o.,

"mv"

  • Re: Display contents of text file in the Browser
    ... It sounds like your app is attempting to read from the file at the same time ... that it is writing to it, ... process and attempting to read the file and display it at the same time. ... memory, and return that string to the client, while launching a separate ...
  • Re: Writing to eventlog
    ... > of it is writing to log informations from which table it was readed. ... If your app is running on an intranet server that you or your company ... domain user account and tell your app run under that account. ...
  • how to know the parameters of sys_open and sys_unlink system calls of all apps.
    ... I am writing this application that is designed as follows. ... As long as the app is running on the ... Alessandro rubbini's linux device drivers' book with the first couple ... design pointers as to how I accomplish this ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: Writing to eventlog
    ... >> end of it is writing to log informations from which table it was readed. ... > a domain user account and tell your app run under that account. ...
  • Re: file and folder permissions
    ... its not dependent on user account type. ... In this particular case it is essential that the settings and lots and lots of other user created data is saved to the USB stick from which they normally run the app, since that is how users normally transport the app and its data around so that they can use it in its current state on any other machine, wherever that machine may be. ... If writing to a USB stick is disabled on a specific machine then I'm assuming that they will not be able to copy their folder from the desktop onto it either, so in that case they would be hosed. ...