Linksys Router

I have a Linksys router RTP300. Doing NAT to a Lan.

I have linux servers on the Lan side. The servers are scratch built Linux
boxen. All hosts are Linux boxen no ms windows (not on my network) :)

Is there a way to get the ip address (internet side) without logging in to
the administration setup?

Arp will only get me the address on the Lan side and not the Internet
side :( (That is I don't know how to ask it to get me what I am looking
for).

I need to detect when my ISP changes my dynamic ip (ip doesn't change very
much).

I am trying to run ddclient from a server on the LAN to update DNS to
DynDNS.org (a dynamic dns provider).

I know I can put the server directly on then internet (DMZ) side but I want
to avoid that. I want to port forward port 80 from the linksys to the
webserver on the LAN side to take advanage of the firewall in the linksys
router (yes the server has its on iptables firewall).

Thanks for any ideas/help/suggestions you may have.

--
Dancin' in the ruins tonight
Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

  • RE: Cybercafe LAN security
    ... It makes sense to put a machine between the router and the lan. ... I love Linux on the desktop but I choose to overlook linux as a serious server. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Win2K RRAS/VPN Help
    ... having two NICs in the same IP subnet is a bad idea (especially ... Your server will still ... machines are using the Linksys as their default gateway they can all plug ... LAN clients would use the server's LAN NIC as their default gateway, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
  • Re: fedora as a gateway / server
    ... I would like to change this to have a Linux box ... residential serve as a gateway to provide firewall and proxy services. ... I suppose that it will also need to behave as a DHCP server? ... LAN side). ...
    (Fedora)
  • Linux on Linksys WRT54G
    ... customizing it by building my own firmware, to replace my existing firewall. ... and can't do with the Linksys box. ... DNS server both for caching on the LAN side, and for hosting a domain on ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • New user questions :)
    ... For the last year or so I have been using SME server (an optimised Linux ... HTTP/Samba - all configurable from a Web browser on the LAN) ... In the meantime I decided to try FreeBSD and am dual booting into ...
    (freebsd-questions)