Re: Messaging Protocol

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 01:25:45 -0700, David Schwartz wrote:

You can use keep-alives (they are
enabled by default in HTTP/1.1) to re-use the TCP connection.

Thanks, sound like http is the way to go.

Dan

  • Re: Web considered harmful
    ... For the web, it is highly specific to each website, except for e.g. ... HTTP authentication which is hardly used at all anymore (and besides, ... Open TCP connection to foo.com ... Add to that that real-world HTML is tagsoup without a real standard, ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.misc)
  • Re: HTTPS on Twisted
    ... uses HTTPS to transfer the data from client to server. ... and TCP connection and send each message over that using Twisted? ... With a bit of luck (or maybe some additional help from people interested in a really high-quality http client), this should be included in Twisted 9.0 which I hope will be out very soon. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • no sound help
    ... error class not registered ... url: http: www.windowsmedia.com/mediaguide/home? ... my picture works great but no sound, my sound works great if i am not using ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Httpclient close tcp connection
    ... I'm trying to implement a http1.0 client program that closes each ... tcp connection after a file is transfered. ... Once I establish an http ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)