Re: User specific "/etc/hosts" ?
- From: Giovanni <lsodgf0@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:11:16 +0100
"howa" <howachen@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
David Schwartz =BCg=B9D=A1G
howa wrote:rather than the main /etc/hostsNo, but you can likely achieve whatever result you're trying to
can each user has their own version of file?
achieve. Linux gives you a lot of control over applications that do
things the normal way. (But there may be little to nothing you can do
about applications that do things their own way.)
well, for example, i need to get file using wget
use the IP address.
but i mycomapny.com cannot be allowed to define in /etc/hosts, what can
Why not? And why is www.mycompany.com not in the dns tables?
Maybe he does not have internet access ;-)
A computer is like an air conditioner,
it stops working when you open Windows.
Registered Linux user #337974 < http://giovanni.homelinux.net/ >
- Prev by Date: Re: User specific "/etc/hosts" ?
- Next by Date: Re: i can't successful about SQUID + MRTG .
- Previous by thread: Re: User specific "/etc/hosts" ?
- Next by thread: Re: User specific "/etc/hosts" ?