Getting past router?

Hi all,

Suppose I have a program, and the program
wants to talk to a server at some IP address,
but that server, which is waiting for a connection
on some port, is behind a wireless router.
How can that work? Does a router normally
just pass such a request on to all machines
connected to it?

Thanks.

  • Re: VPN woes
    ... >>up as a VPN server here in the office, using my DSL broadband connection. ... The DSL modem is Westell 2200 and I have ... >>a different DSL connection that also uses a Belkin 54g wireless router. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: New SBS installation in wireless network
    ... I would get 2 nics in the server. ... If your internet connection requires ... The wireless router connects it's wired connection to that same ... Nics and anthing else is avoided even more. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Symantec pcanywhere 12 connection problem
    ... message is what the server should show when waiting for a connection. ... Anywhere client, not the server. ... Next, drag you laptop home. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Can I restrict Internet access by IP address?
    ... I'm not sure if you want to change your network design, but it would be much easier, to have the wireless router providing the connection to the Internet and the the Server-based network seperate, since the kids do not connect through the server. ... ISA to restrict access, check the 'Access Restriction' policy of your ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: ping delay
    ... are connected to my wireless router which has 4 ethernet ports. ... Does your machine get a DNS server entry for it's network card? ... except the connection seems to be some kind of slow, ...