PXE linux server for Disk Imaging software
- From: maxchock@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: 31 Dec 2006 01:03:52 -0800
I'm operating a cyber cafe with 50 PCs in my outlet. my daily
maintenance routine, I usually take out the hard disk and put in
another one which have CD-ROM and run ghost version 8 on the bootable
These is really a stupid way to do maintenance, so I found out my
motherboard actually have LAN as booting device, so I'm thinking to
setup a PXE/Boot server so all the client PC can connect to the server
for any disk Imaging maintenance.
I don't want to use Windows 2000 as server, i prefer Linux since i'm a
intermediate linux user. But googling on "ghost with Linux PXE" doesn't
return much result.
I understand the idea of using PXE but i'm not clear what program
should i use on server and client.
Can anybody point me out some ideas??
- Prev by Date: Re: Upgrade all Linux Certification exams to test knowledge of PROGRAMMING!!
- Next by Date: Re: PXE linux server for Disk Imaging software
- Previous by thread: caching special kind of Web request
- Next by thread: Re: PXE linux server for Disk Imaging software