ssh between hosts in WLAN

Hello,
I need a solution to a problem that probably only needs a very common
configuration step.

I have two computers at home (both opensuse 10.1) that connect to the
internet through WLAN and a DSL router. This works without any
problems. My question is how I can establish a ssh connection between
both?

The ip numbers for the linux machines (let's name them A and B) are
inet addr:192.168.2.32 Bcast:192.168.2.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 and
inet addr:192.168.2.33 Bcast:192.168.2.255 Mask:255.255.255.0,
respectively, while the DSL router has 192.168.2.1.

I can ping A from B and B from A. And ssh is allowed by the firewall.
However, if I type
A> ssh myname@xxxxxxxxxxxx
nothing happens. Do I need to add a gateway, use 'route add' or
something like this? I thought the connection should be possible
because A and B live on the same subnet?

Robert

  • Re: [opensuse] cat: write error: Broken pipe
    ... Subject: [opensuse] cat: write error: Broken pipe ... I have to "rcnetwork restart" after exiting yast. ... The only times I connect via serial console are for remote installs, ... No such problem via ssh or the vga console. ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: Kind of off topic.
    ... If you "need" remote desktop access, perhaps WebEx would help - or as others pointed out an RDP client for *nix should work as well. ... To some I would be able to connect using ssh, ... >> OS's from FreeBSD? ... >The fastest and simplest method is still a plain good old SSH connection ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: [opensuse] On cleaning /tmp/systemd-private-*
    ... I see other 'junk' created in my /tmp from things like ssh, adobe, ... Once again openSuse is being conservative by having the default behave the old way, /tmp being on disk, rather than the 'new' way of making it a tmpfs. ... So complain, yes, but complain about the right thing, which is that openSuse is too conservative for YOUR tastes. ... If the answer to that is "yes" then Andrea can add that repository and update systemd and LO! ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: reconnect expect to a rebooting remote
    ... If the appliance goes away the hard way and your ssh connection ... Either way you will get eof only when the network stack on the ... sshd is not running you will get connection refused. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • RE: Kind of off topic.
    ... To some I would be able to connect using ssh, ... OS's from FreeBSD? ... If the remote hosts are running FreeBSD, ... The fastest and simplest method is still a plain good old SSH connection ...
    (freebsd-questions)