ssh between hosts in WLAN

I need a solution to a problem that probably only needs a very common
configuration step.

I have two computers at home (both opensuse 10.1) that connect to the
internet through WLAN and a DSL router. This works without any
problems. My question is how I can establish a ssh connection between

The ip numbers for the linux machines (let's name them A and B) are
inet addr: Bcast: Mask: and
inet addr: Bcast: Mask:,
respectively, while the DSL router has

I can ping A from B and B from A. And ssh is allowed by the firewall.
However, if I type
A> ssh myname@xxxxxxxxxxxx
nothing happens. Do I need to add a gateway, use 'route add' or
something like this? I thought the connection should be possible
because A and B live on the same subnet?