Re: Shorewall and MySQL problem

Bit Twister wrote:
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 20:02:05 +0200, tj wrote:
I have tried word "all" instead of tcp and also, "ACCEPT net fw tcp 22" does nothing ie. cant ping the server from outside. What am I doing Wrong here?

Mixing your apples and oranges I guess.

This sounds somewhat familiar...

Port 22 is ssh not mysql and you can not ping servcies. "Does nothing" may indicate service is not running.
Nor it is 3xxx what it shoulod be.

Ok, we understand, you get back with us when you have the time.

Im very sorry. Totally my mistake.

To improve your Usenet experience I'll suggest
with out skimming.

so?

  • Re: Butt ugly
    ... start mixing two different functions ('.' ... and that is what is to the immediate left and right: ... your terminology, apples are apples, oranges are oranges. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Database wars
    ... > Prevayler isn't a database in the sense that most people think of when ... > server is apples and oranges. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: User Hardware Privileges
    ... Sorry, never mind, that was not right -- not enough coffee yet, mixing ... apples & oranges, can't disable simple file sharing in XP Home. ...
  • Re: Database wars
    ... server is apples and oranges. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Bush Derangement Syndrome Strikes Again (was Re: Proposed Defense Cuts)
    ... Orleans early on in the crisis. ... have actually MADE a claim, be they apples or be they oranges, I have ... You need to learn to read English for comprehension. ...
    (sci.military.naval)