Re: Old wireless card on modern PC

W.P. wrote:
Hello,

there is a PC with Mandriva, kernel 2.6.12. It's P4, with modernn
chipset (more than 15 int's). Have inserted Prism II (LG
11Mbps) PCI card in. Module loads (orinoco_cs) but there is NO ethx
interface. Module loads "normally" without any complaints. Where to dig?
(I have same card in 2.6.16.36, Duron, box working OK., but there is
Fedora Core Dev.) On Mandriva in syslog there are ONLY messages about
PCI-PCMCIA bridge, NO one message relating to orinoco_cs (card insertion
etc).
On Fedora i have found messages in Dmesg -> card inserted etc. Also on
Mandriva there are NO pcmcia (pccard) related tools. What should i do?

Try to find the missing RPM and install it, I expect. Look for something with a name similar to "pcmcia-tools" or "pcmcia-utils".

  • Old wireless card on modern PC
    ... 11Mbps) PCI card in. ... Module loads "normally" without any complaints. ... On Mandriva in syslog there are ONLY messages about ... NO one message relating to orinoco_cs (card insertion ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Problems with video card driver with ATI
    ... ddccontrol to work---it said that there were no monitors ... supported by the card), and couldn't be changed. ... Mandriva also said that the video card was unknown, ... log out, the screen goes black, and I need to reboot. ...
    (comp.os.linux.x)
  • Re: FreeBSD 6.2 on a Compact Flash?
    ... Are there a card in the reader? ... The usb card reader I use doesn't signal media insertion / removal correctly. ... If it is sliced, you will have to figure out the correct slice, and then run disklabel on that. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: MMC Driver RFC
    ... It normally only affects removal rather than insertion. ... I know that the interrupt ... triggers before the card is fully seated in the slot upon insertion on this ... Is there any documentation which tells us exactly what ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Hardware configuring.
    ... > I am in the process of moving from Mandriva 2006 to FC4. ... > card I could then enter the card and tuner type there. ... i2c_algo_bit bttv ...
    (Fedora)