Re: Linux Firewall

On 10 Apr 2007 07:21:00 -0700, gferragut
<gferragut@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

when i make the rules of iptables after when i test from outside
always in the results are ports are filtered, exists some way to
make the filtered port invisible to the network and dont look
like are closed ? maybe some kernel or iptables patchs.
Thank You
Best Regars

Change "REJECT" to "DROP" in your rules.

--
The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be
done is generally interrupted by someone doing it.

  • Re: IPTABLES: Per erfolgreichem SSH Login Ports =?iso-8859-15?Q?=F6ffnen?=
    ... Also sollen weitere Ports z.B. nur mit dem korrekten Keyfile ... Entkopple doch den Teil, der iptables aufruft, von dem teil, der ... wenn sich jemand per ssh einloggt. ... kommandos absetzt und keinen User-input entgegen nimmt. ...
    (de.comp.security.firewall)
  • Re: is it rational to close the 139 port
    ... You use iptables to reject all connections. ... the services on ports 22 and 80 become unavailable, ... Aptitude in particular will install extra packages that you don't need or want. ... Maybe you are running World of Warcraft under WINE, and installing it opens up port 3724. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: iptables syntax error
    ... in which I have the iptables binary in the source code .I then copy the ... then source ports below 512 will be mapped to other ports below 512: ... # Difference between SNAT and MASQUERADE? ... # connections will survive a reconnect. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: iptables syntax error
    ... in which I have the iptables binary in the source code .I then copy the ... then source ports below 512 will be mapped to other ports below 512: ... # Difference between SNAT and MASQUERADE? ... # connections will survive a reconnect. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: [kde] Im feeling paranoid - with good reason.
    ... There should be a script in /etc/rc.d/init.d that starts iptables and loads ... the ruleset in /etc/sysconfig/iptables. ... Things like suse2 firewall. ... Check for open ports by running nmap localhost. ...
    (KDE)