help with bittorrent please - won't start

I've been attempting to set up bittorrent on my computer on my home
network. I have previously had that working when I had DSL, but last
summer I changed to cable modem. Currently there is a Motorola SB5120
cable modem, running to a linksys wrt54g wireless router, then a linksys
ezxs55w switch to which I'm connected. I've tried with both Gentoo and
Ubuntu with qtorrent and azureus - the result is always a failure to
connect. If I try the azureus nat/firewall test I always get a nat error.
The motorola surfboard has basically no setup parameters. I've set port
forwarding on the wireless router.

Anyone have experience with a mess like this?

thanks in advance.

  • Re: Using Linksys wireless router with iMac
    ... Linksys WRT54G wireless router. ... Will the Airport Extreme in the iMac ... connect to the Linksys without additional hardware? ... I take it that is a wireless router. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Re: Using Linksys wireless router with iMac
    ... Linksys WRT54G wireless router. ... Will the Airport Extreme in the iMac ... connect to the Linksys without additional hardware? ... I take it that is a wireless router. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Re: Using Linksys wireless router with iMac
    ... Linksys WRT54G wireless router. ... Will the Airport Extreme in the iMac ... I take it that is a wireless router. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Re: Wireless or Hardline Internet to basement?
    ... used often) where the wireless router and modem ... what is the best way to get an internet connection ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: wireless networking
    ... I have used a Linksys WRT54G wireless router for about 2 year now and it hasn't failed me yet. ... I've had minor problems here and there but was easily fixed with a firmware upgrade. ... which brands are better ...