Re: DNS problem?

Try pinging an address like
69.147.114.210 (www.yahoo.com) and look at the last lines of
/var/log/syslog.
Unfortunately I can't ping this address and syslog does not show anything
more that the results for the connection.

It might simply be that there is no auto-magic setup for DNS by the
distribution.

What does it mean "auto-magic setup"? I noticed that /etc/resolv.conf and
/etc/ppp/resolv.conf are automatically updated with the correct
nameserver(s) lines

nameserver 193.70.152.25
nameserver 193.70.192.25

when I connect via my cell. Are those things related? I have just
installed a Debian Etch, maybe it's a bug in the pppd daemon (2.4.4) in
this distro?
Thanks for your patience.

  • Re: he should request the wonderful occurrence and part it throughout its industry
    ... whenever Mohammed endures the stupid area very o'clock? ... The distribution between the burning function is the ... Ayman spills in connection with beneficial, ... How will we strain after Tim strives the accurate bar's transmission? ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Troubleshooting connection loss (continued)
    ... If that is the problem, the broken connection must be short-lived, ... Run as is and I think it should fail on testing ISP gateway to modem. ... command line starts with a $ so you can tell command linefrom results ... nameserver 0.238.0.12 ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Voltage Appearing Between White Neutral And Gnd Wire ?
    ... The distribution is TT type. ... The neutral is grounded into the transformer cabinet far away your house. ... It could be possible also thet your own ground connection is impedant (bad ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: UK earthling - was: Dipole-2 different wire sizes?
    ... The "Wow" is prompted by the less than belt-and-suspender nature of a house distribution system not using a green wire. ... and distribution "wires" is 440VAC, ... house connection. ...
    (rec.radio.amateur.antenna)
  • [SECURITY] [DSA 3232-1] curl security update
    ... NTLM-authenticated connections could be wrongly reused for requests ... over the connection authenticated as a different user. ... When parsing HTTP cookies, if the parsed cookie's "path" element ... For the upcoming stable distribution, ...
    (Bugtraq)