NetworkManager and DHCP

Hello

Im using Ubuntu Desktop 7.04

Interface eth0 is set to get an IP via DHCP, but I dont want it to get
any information about DNS servers, because im already running bind on
my system and I have static entries in named.conf

So, I edited /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf so that the request line just
got the bits i needed (everything except DNS servers) like this..

request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers;

But now it turns out that my /etc/resolv.conf file is being
overwritten by NetworkManager -- with empty entries.

I had the nameserver set to the static IP of my second interface
(eth1), but everytime I boot up NetworkManger overwrites this with
blanks.

Anyone know how to stop this from happening? I dont think I need
NetworkManager running anyway, how do I disable it?

  • NetworkManager and DHCP
    ... Interface eth0 is set to get an IP via DHCP, but I dont want it to get ... got the bits i needed (everything except DNS servers) like this.. ... NetworkManager running anyway, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: mysterious cable modem activity
    ... >>My firewall is down and I dont like it one bit. ... >>A distributed denial of service attack on website of firewall companies ... > Did you by any chance hardcode your DNS servers somewhere? ... Normally when my ISP's DNS server would fail I would start up BIND PE so I ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: DNS/Intranet Help
    ... > connecting to the internet without the DNS forwareders? ... Root hints - but I'd use your ISP's DNS servers. ... > websites that are visited listed, but i dont understand ... >> forwarders to your ISP's DNS servers for external resolution. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • DNS Config in DC
    ... This time I dont have any problems, but coming here slooking for an ... I've 2 DC, both of them DNS servers also, with AD zones integrated. ... But I think this causes the "preparing network connections" take too long, and there are some warnings in the log about DNS not resolving (which I think is due to the dns service still not started). ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)