Re: using 2nd network interface - won't try to TX anything

On Sat, 12 May 2007 03:45:05 GMT Longtime Lurker <hatespam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| phil-news-nospam@xxxxxxxx wrote:
| X bytes:17841196 (17.0 Mb) TX bytes:2523518 (2.4 Mb)
|>ixp2 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:02:B3:03:03:03
|> inet addr: Bcast: Mask:
|>One thing I notice here that might be an issue is that the status RUNNING
|>is not included in ixp2. Could that be related to the problem? How would
|>I fix this if so?
| I think that's exactly your problem. What could cause it? Could be
| several things. Hardware issues can cause this. Is Linux properly
| detecting the card? Is it configuring it properly? Driver issue?
| Anything in syslog? Boot messages? I'd start there. Doesn't look like
| a routing issue. Your setup otherwise looks OK, but for whatever
| reason, that network card/driver isn't initializing properly.

OK, so I'll focus on that for now. I'll research what "RUNNING" means.
I suppose ifconfig is testing a one-bit flag somewhere so I'll have to
see the ifconfig source first to get the name of the flag.

| Phil Howard KA9WGN ( / Do not send to the address below |
| first name lower case at / spamtrap-2007-05-12-1418@xxxxxxxx |