(Slightly OT) Very odd wireless networking problem

Hey,

First of all, I appologise for being slightly offtopic. I've tried
researching the solution to this answer and this is a kind of last
resort, so if someone can help me (without flaming) it'd be massivley
appreciated.

Essentially my Mac (10.4.9) has major issues connecting to my home
wireless network.

I run the following machines at home:
2x WinXP
1x Win2K3 Server
1x Linux box (desktop not server)
1x MacOS X

Where I live I'm unable to get any form of broadband other than
satellite so I'm stuck with dialup. I use my 2K3 server at DHCP and
dial up server (192.168.0.1 [gateway]), have my router set to not
function as DHCP and as such has a static IP (192.168.0.2).

When I'm on wireless, whether I'm running Linux or Windows, I have no
trouble accessing any network resources (shares, servers, internet,
etc) and DHCP allocates IP addresses automatically.

When I run my Mac on wireless, I can not get a DHCP allocated IP. When
I try to set networking information manually (IP, Gateway, subnet
mask) I have VERY VERY strange results. When I have another PC on
wireless, I can access only that PC from the Mac, none of the cabled
computers (NAS, file server, etc). With Linux and Windows I can access
both wired and wireless.

Does any one have any idea on what the hell is causing this? It makes
sense as to why DHCP isn't automatically giving an IP if it's having
trouble accessing the DHCP server which is wired to the network.

Much appreciate the replies.

Sam

  • RE: Problems with Permissions
    ... For the "Network Configuration Wizard" not accessible issue, ... The DHCP not working properly issue may due to DNS not correctly ... ipconfig /all on SBS server, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Setting up dhcp-server on my desktop machine
    ... Your server is configured to use dhcp to acquire a network address? ... I don't know how to setup my interfaces so I achieve my goal. ... Setting up a dhcp server is completely independent of setting up the ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: networking private and public hosts questions
    ... some systmes in storage to create a test network. ... a WS to the child and attempted to pull an IP from the DHCP server, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Multiple IP Schemes for Different Buildings
    ... The linksys on your first network stays as it is, ... DHCP broadcast is on the local subnet only, ... router to forward internet traffic to your firewall. ... If each server has it's own DHCP server then I don't need to worry ...
  • Re: Wireless Network Issue - SBS2K3 - Configuration and / or Topol
    ... I am quietly confident that moving the SBS to ... and the SBS is the DHCP/DNS server - but everything else in my house is ... wireless and it works fine. ... cause is incorrect network configuration and / or hardware topology. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)