Re: ipv6 - 16 byte??

inefficiency rather than pay the cost of efficiency. For example, with
128-bits, a computer needs to know only its network and its MAC
address to generate a unique address.

At this time MAC address is a private information
(.doc word file write it inside the document... strange thing...)

With ipv6, MAC address became public.
IMHO, this is'nt a good thing about our privacy... and perhaps about our
freedom...

But maybe I'm paranoiac

  • TidBITS#794/29-Aug-05
    ... This week's issue brings a potpourri of Mac news, ... Mark Anbinder looks briefly at Google Talk, ... Adding Tiger's AirPort Preferred Network List ...
    (comp.sys.mac.digest)
  • Re: IP addresses of devices on local network?
    ... But it turns out that the printer shows up in Bonjour Browser in various ... and even the Airport Express box has a Bonjour-advertised ... If any other devices connected to the physical network ... over Airport or Ethernet (recent Mac models). ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: All I have is the MAC address which are on our LAN so no routers are involved.
    ... echo Clearing ARP Cache ... an IP on MAC How to use TCP/IP without installing a NIC. ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on = ... Anyway now I have the list of machines with MAC and IP, ...
  • Re: Re: All I have is the MAC address which are on our LAN so no routers are involved.
    ... addresses and then check the arp cache with "arp -a". ... an IP on MAC How to use TCP/IP without installing a NIC. ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on = ... Anyway now I have the list of machines with MAC and IP, ...
  • Re: Setting up Airport Express
    ... It is usually referred to as a "MAC Address", ... on their network. ... always the hardware address assigned to the computer sending the packet. ... When your router receives a packet destined for a computer on your LAN, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)