Re: 1000 IP packets with different SOURCE&DESTINATION addresses generator/simulator

song_winter@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi, folkers,

I am looking for a tool is capable to generat or simulate 1000 IP
packets with different source&destination IP addresses to verify the
capacity of new product. It must be able to handle 1000 IP workflow
that is identified by source & destination n IP addresses
simultaneously.

Thanks in advance.

Winter Song

I don't know about different addresses, but iperf could be what you are
looking for. You need to run iperf on both sides of the tcp/udp connection.

http://dast.nlanr.net/Projects/Iperf/

  • 1000 IP packets with different SOURCE&DESTINATION addresses generator/simulator
    ... I am looking for a tool is capable to generat or simulate 1000 IP ... packets with different source&destination IP addresses to verify the ... capacity of new product. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • IP packets simulator
    ... I am looking for a tool is capable to simulate 1000 IP packets with ... different source&destination IP addresses to verify the capacity of ... identified by source & destination IP addresses simultaneously. ...
    (comp.simulation)
  • Re: 1000 IP packets with different SOURCE&DESTINATION addresses generator/simulator
    ... capacity of new product. ... It must be able to handle 1000 IP workflow ... You need to run iperf on both sides of the tcp/udp connection. ... I just like to generate 1000 IP packets with 1000 kinds of combination ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: 1000 IP packets with different SOURCE&DESTINATION addresses generator/simulator
    ... You need to run iperf on both sides of the tcp/udp connection. ... I try to generate the IP packets with 1000 ... kinds of combination of source & destination IP address to verify how ... IP workflow is identified by source&destination IP addresses. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • RE: net.inet.udp.blackhole issue
    ... PS - I see similar failures with TCP bidirectional iperf ... how can a driver problem cause an iperf UDP socket to be in a "non listening state"? ... but generally speaking ICMP port unreachable is a result of packets arriving at a closed socket; ... I'm talking about a simple multistream UDP iperf test. ...
    (freebsd-net)