Re: Hacked, now trying to disinfect

CptDondo <yan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Randy Yates wrote:
Captain Dondo <yan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
[...]
My point is, don't bet security on luck.....

It's all a matter of luck - the question is, to what degree?

Hey, thanks for sharing your incident. ANY source of information
I get on linux hacks is worth gold to me. Thanks again.

It sucks to get hacked, especially since I spent hours with them and
their ISP on the phone and via email dealing with it - then they
canceled their support contract...

who is "they"? This was a remote machine? Owned by someone else? Then I
suspect it was via them that the hackers got in.

So now I'm a lot more careful. I like my beer money. :-)

--Yan
.