Re: regarding getaddrinfo and getnameinfo -- Urgent !

On Aug 5, 9:16 am, Agricolae Maximus <a...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 22:54:21 -0700, amitkeerti wrote:
hi,

I was trying to get the corresponding hostname/canonical name for an
IP address.
I tried using both getaddrinfo and getnameinfo, but i am not getting
proper results.

Try "whois"

--
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to
recognize a mistake when you make it again.

I am not looking at a command to do this.
I am looking for code to do this. So API or sequence of APIs which
will do this.
I tried getnameinfo and getaddrinfo. Probably the way I am calling
these 2 functions might be wrong...
can anybody provide me the code?

  • Re: regarding getaddrinfo and getnameinfo -- Urgent !
    ... I tried using both getaddrinfo and getnameinfo, ... proper results. ... So API or sequence of APIs which ... I tried getnameinfo and getaddrinfo. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: ntpd IPv6 support on Windows?
    ... getaddrinfo and let Microsoft's runtime binding implementation do what ... The SPI layer is a layer ... client application socket API. ... The SPI layer is a whole other set of layers that I don't have time to ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • getaddrinfo, getnameinfo, and IP address of host machine
    ... I am trying to get the IP address of a host machine using getaddrinfo ... and getnameinfo. ... Note I can post my test code if requested... ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: getaddrinfo, getnameinfo, and IP address of host machine
    ... I am trying to get the IP address of a host machine using getaddrinfo ... and getnameinfo. ... Note I can post my test code if requested... ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: getnameinfo error
    ... Can you please write a small example shows how can I get the host name from ... "Arkady Frenkel" wrote: ... just try that to see what happen for getaddrinfo() ... are urged to use the getnameinfo function instead of the gethostbyaddr ...