How to -- PPPoE with my ADSL Connection to connect internet with CentOS 5

Hi!
I had tried PPPoE with my ADSL Connection to connect internet with
CentOS 5.
Downloaded from http://www.roaringpenguin.com/en/penguin/openSourceProducts/rpPppoe
It's a dual boot system with windows 2000 & CentOS, while internet
working with windows 2000 perfectly. from centOS it's not even
blinking of my MODEM ROUTER, WHICH I CONNECTED THROUGH RJ-45 LAN port.
I am listing the steps but any how I am not able to connect with
internet. Please show me path!

1. first I had test ifconfig eth0
OUTPUT comes like
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:14..................
inet6 addr:.........
UP BROADCAST..............

2. Then With
pppoe-setup
1. userneme : .............
2. Interface: eth0
3. demand value: 100000
4. DNS: server
5. passwd:
6. re-type passwd:
7. firewall: 0
8. Accept settings: y
9. pppoe-start

eth0 also not assigned by any IP address
eth0 not activated at the time of booting
all has been worked from 'root'

ping www.google.com or firefox access > www.google.com [not working]