Re: How to -- PPPoE with my ADSL Connection to connect internet with CentOS 5

Hello,

Robert Harris a écrit :
jatrojoomla wrote:

You don't need to do PPPoE at all; your modem router should so all that.

it's not router. it's simple modem with LAN port, & I have only
username & password to connect ISP

OK. But, even if your modem does not route, it will still do all the
protocol conversion and signing on to the ISP itself if it has an
ethernet port (presuming that your LAN port is an ethernet port).

Maybe not. It could be a simple bridging modem which only transparently forwards the PPPoE traffic.
.