Re: How to -- PPPoE with my ADSL Connection to connect internet with CentOS 5

Hello,

Robert Harris a écrit :
jatrojoomla wrote:

You don't need to do PPPoE at all; your modem router should so all that.

it's not router. it's simple modem with LAN port, & I have only
username & password to connect ISP

OK. But, even if your modem does not route, it will still do all the
protocol conversion and signing on to the ISP itself if it has an
ethernet port (presuming that your LAN port is an ethernet port).

Maybe not. It could be a simple bridging modem which only transparently forwards the PPPoE traffic.

  • Re: Current status?
    ... You would still need to know who your MTA is ... justification for allowing anybody to use port 25. ... to the problem of how to get the email system to be more immune to SPAM. ... your ISP should never allow you ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Cam Setup
    ... I have to enable uPnP in my router and use a web server provided by Panasonic to provide a fixed IP address so I can access the cam from anywhere. ... Your ISP has a Terms of Service. ... Operating a "server" on your home LAN, port forwarding ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: SMTP Server for outgoing only behind a home router
    ... They cliam to ONLY block port 80 to keep me from ... you will get a 220 greeting line from the remote SMTP server: ... So AOL.COM methods stops legitimate roaming users from using ESMTP AUTH to ... So look to see of your ISP supports ESMTP AUTH for dynamic IP users and/or ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.smtp_nntp)
  • Re: Current status?
    ... spam will not stop because you start blocking port 25. ... I still won't use the idiots running the ISP for my mail. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Current status?
    ... I'm on Verizon FIOS at home and I know the FIOS converter box ... port 25 traffic wouldn't make it to my LAN (or single computer ... ISP, ... through a mailhub with a fixed IP address - for most people the simplest to ...
    (comp.os.vms)