Re: Telnet problem after update from 2.4 to 2.6 kernel

On Aug 12, 3:05 pm, "Jens Bretschneider" <n...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Any Idea what has changed in the tcp/ip stack from kernel 2.4 to 2.6 which
can cause these problems? I'm not a linux expert and have no clue where to
start...

Try turning off SACK and see if that helps. Try turning off window
scaling and see if that helps. These are both controlled by files in /
proc/sys/net/ipc4.

DS

  • Re: FIB 25
    ... Tool for turning screw ... Very clever, but I'm not sure if one can clue "hammock" as bed, as it is a quite specific type of bed. ... Be effective leader of a US radio station? ...
    (rec.puzzles.crosswords)
  • Re: Las Vegas College Basketball question
    ... So turning to good old AVLV for a ... suggestion as I have no clue and I don't even know what the team name ...
    (alt.vacation.las-vegas)
  • Re: reproducible kernel panic
    ... Turning of SACK seems to work for most people (at ... provide crashdumps then solving the problem becomes much easier, ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: masquerading failure for at least icmp and tcp+sack on amd64
    ... > sites did not support TCP SACK. ... turning off SACK either on the ... > remote side of a connection or on the origonator side resulted in workign ... but this turned to be slightly untrue: turning off SACK ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Paging Mike Buckley and WUN
    ... buckley wrote: ... because they didn't have a clue what was going on either. ... This is turning into a bit of a saga - can you cancel Cols room as well ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)