Re: Multicast routing

KR wrote:
I'd like to set up multicast routing on my Linux firewall. The idea is to have NATed nodes behind the firewall receive multicast traffic.

Despite having Googled extensively, I haven't been able to find a Linux implementation of a PIM-SM daemon. I found a really old implementation which doesn't compile, and a patched mrouted which does compile, but fails to run.

Has anybody here successfully done this with a recent 2.6 kernel?

If you don't mind setting individual routes up manually then smcroute will work on 2.6.

There is also igmpproxy on sourceforge which also IIRC needs the upstream addresses setting up.

If you want a proper routing daemon then I think xorp does multicast, though I haven't used it.