Re: Multicast routing

KR wrote:
I'd like to set up multicast routing on my Linux firewall. The idea is to have NATed nodes behind the firewall receive multicast traffic.

Despite having Googled extensively, I haven't been able to find a Linux implementation of a PIM-SM daemon. I found a really old implementation which doesn't compile, and a patched mrouted which does compile, but fails to run.

Has anybody here successfully done this with a recent 2.6 kernel?

If you don't mind setting individual routes up manually then smcroute will work on 2.6.

http://www.cschill.de/smcroute

There is also igmpproxy on sourceforge which also IIRC needs the upstream addresses setting up.

If you want a proper routing daemon then I think xorp does multicast, though I haven't used it.

www.xorp.org.

Andy.

.