Switch recommendation

I'm looking at purchasing a switch. I pulled up a few to choose
between:

Dlink DGS-1248T
Netgear GS748T
Linksys SRW2048

Anyone have any information or recommendations I should know about?
Is there someone else that I should consider? Anyone know why some
"equivalent" products are nearly double the price such as the Nortel
switches? These are all Layer 2. Should I be considering a Layer 3
switch? The Netgear GS748TS-100NAS is only a few hundred more.

  • RE: Use of Taps for IDS
    ... this is a layer 1 (physical ... Note that this usually requires all the ports to be of a single ... of each connected machine whenever a frame is sent. ... the switch typically floods ALL ports with the ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: VPN Design - is it possible?
    ... >> you can have the two ISPs converge at a device outside the PIX A, ... the PIX to a switch and connect the switch to the two routers, ... appropriate "only one switch active at a time" failover logic. ... convertor is still up) Can the device discover the layer 1 failure by ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Layer 2 (stealth) firewalls - PBR?
    ... Layer 2 devices like switches have to forwrd layer 3 multicast packets out ... Protocol (IGMP) and Multicast Listener Discovery Snooping Switches. ... In the case of IP multicast traffic, an IGMP snooping switch provides ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: The cat came and stayed..
    ... To me this implicates a layer three problem. ... So, to cut a long story short, ISP had provided us with EoATM 100 mbps link ... There are two cisco routers across Sites A and B and two media changers at ... I reset any switch, the problem gets resolved. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Is IP The Most Cost Effective Choice For Your Business Communication Applications?
    ... ethernet fibre because "Ethernet allows for layer 2 switching versus IP ... ideal way of lowering overheads and improving latency and jitter issues." ... but the Cisco 3750 (a layer 3 switch) is much less expensive. ... you can get a lot better than 24 microseconds ...
    (comp.dcom.lans.ethernet)