Re: tcpwrapper has problem

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:56:11 +0800, John
<Johnlee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Also, as we know, the root account are not allowed to enter to the server by
default.
For sshd, if the root account other than the server are not allowed to the
server, how can we do?

You can allow them to ssh in as regular users, and use sudo when they need
root access. Or you can set PermitRootLogin in /etc/ssh/sshd_config. If you
do, I would recommend that you use a port other than 22 and don't allow
passwords.

--
Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and think what nobody
else has thought.

  • Re: root login How ???
    ... >> try to login as root and passwd at the GNOME Desktop Manager ... >> How to login with root account to run some utility from graphic mode ??? ... xauth to give other user access to X server as well (they have to have ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Cant access server from user console
    ... I have had no trouble using SSH client from root account using console ... login (no X forwarding). ... When I try to access a server from a user ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Only root account works
    ... Hi, one of my client use Linux Redhat Advance Server, about 2 weeks ago ... there's an electrical failure in the office, ... I tried to su - username from root account, ... so i try to change the user password from the ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Trying to change an accounts password on a remote server.
    ... not let you log into the server with the root account. ... When I log in as root and run the command echo -e ... the -c parameter and the echo string, so you were undoing the quotes. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Microsoft SQL server 7
    ... it is not important as which user the server ... > runs when i have a root account with no password. ... Do you not differentiate between a system-wide breach and an ... > all i wanted to say is that it is not microsofts fault when stupid ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)