Re: NoClassDefFoundError

H.L wrote:
> Ashish Shukla wrote:
How about trying comp.lang.java or JDC forums. You'll get goood response
there.

We believe that it may have to do with the Tomcat settings rather than
with the JRE. This is probable as the problem only occurs when running
the application off the web server. That is why I think that the
question belongs right here.

A missing Java .jar file in Tomcat has nothing to do with Linux networking. If you can't find the answer in a Java newsgroup, you at least have some chance of finding someone who knows where you should ask. For example, if there are Tomcat-related newsgroups or archived mailing lists out there, you stand a much better chance of finding out about them in comp.lang.java.

As an alternative, have you tried Google? I doubt you're the first person to ask this question.
.