Re: Macintosh cannot connect to WiFi LAN

On 2007-12-02, Timothy Murphy <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A colleague is visiting my house,
and cannot connect his Macintosh to my LinkSys WRT54GL access point.

Unless your WRT54GL is running linux, this is not really a linux
question. You should consider posting in a linksys or OS X newsgroup
instead.

I have added the WiFi MAC address to my /etc/dhcpd.conf;
but there is no indication on the /var/log/messages on my desktop.

....and if you *do* have linux on your WRT54GL, you should check the logs
there, unless you specifically have logging enabled from the Linksys to
your desktop (and have verified that it's working). Your desktop would
not receive any useful information about this problem under normal
circumstances.

--keith

--
kkeller-usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(try just my userid to email me)

  • Re: Macintosh cannot connect to WiFi LAN
    ... and cannot connect his Macintosh to my LinkSys WRT54GL access point. ... Unless your WRT54GL is running linux, this is not really a linux ... As it happens the WRT54GL _is_ running Linux, ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Linux newbie needs some help...
    ... Just out of curiosity do the likes of Linksys, ... I'm running a Windows XP Pro box with a Linksys wireless ... >> more about Linux. ... >> that there is a driver or another way to make it work. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: [SLE] Which Cable/DSL Firewall?
    ... >>of linux, ... decided to switch to a Linksys router. ... >5) I found the Linksys box to be a much tighter firewall than the linux box. ... Sid Boyce ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Guarddog blocking packets in the same zone
    ... > The Linksys is plugged in behind the Linux box into one of the ports on ... > the Linksys is connected to the same switch as the LAN PC's, ... Which port on the Linksys are you connecting to the switch? ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: problems with a Linksys 54G Wireless card
    ... If you are fed up with Linksys and they don't ... third party firmware may be the solution. ... embedded Linux for a while but I am not yet an expert. ... my 54GL and I can now telnet my router and get a prompt to use my favourites ...
    (Fedora)