Re: Wireless Woe - Please Help

Unruh schrieb:
Zebedee <keine@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

thunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 15:42:13 +0100, EliveUser wrote:

This is while trying to connect to an unencrypted network! So the
problem has nothing (yet) to do with wpa.
Are you sure? iwlist wlan0 scan results say the encryption key is on.

yes, i have a second pc connected to a wireless bridge and am therefore
turning encryption off only for short times. When generating the output
for my posting, i had encryption on again, but i can assure you that the
dhclient command produced exactly the identical results as posted when
trying to connect to an unencrypted network.

And what else did you post that is not true? You want help but then post
stuff you know is wrong.

Are you really sure that there is no encryption key? Switch it off and
leave it off. You are not going to bombarded in the day that you use.

Fix one problem at a time.

b)Try with a fixed IP address instead of dhcp. Maybe dhcp is badly set up
on the router.

Make sure that in the Kernel-config CONFIG_PACKET is set.

Greets
Chris

  • Re: FC3 - DHCP, Wireless, etc issues - newbie
    ... eth0 - and dhcp to my work network if fine on it. ... work and I have to use iwconfig to set the encryption key on every boot. ... eth1 is my wireless card. ... > I've tried a bunch of variations in the config files and using the ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Problems with Lucent Tech (Orinoco) wireless card
    ... The encryption key was the problem. ... able to get an IP from dhcp and everthing started working! ... >> router. ... >> I set the ESSID to WLAN though my router calls it SSID. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Dell1350Wlan & NetGear Wgt624 NO DHCP
    ... >I cannot get my Dell 1350 WLAN card to obtain a DHCP from NETGEAR ... Then, turn WEP back on, but this time use a Hex encryption key, ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Wireless Woe - Please Help
    ... iwlist wlan0 scan results say the encryption key is on. ... turning encryption off only for short times. ... b)Try with a fixed IP address instead of dhcp. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)