Slow DNS Lookup (and no IPv6-issue???)
- From: info@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 02:41:07 -0700 (PDT)
my dns lookups take several (~ 6-10) seconds every time. I tried a lot
of things, but now I ran out of ideas. What I tried up to now is:
- Deactivate IPv6: The most common advice about slow dns lookups
didn't work in my case. IPv6 is already successfully deactivated (at
least "lsmod | grep ipv6" claims that), but the problem continues.
Also deactivation IPv6-lookups for certain programs (like firefox or
ssh) doesn't help.
- Use other nameservers: Changing the nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf
to other ones didn't change anything as well. Besides, the original
nameservers are working well on other systems!
- Adding "option timeout:1" to or removing "domain ..." or
"search ..." lines from the /etc/resolv.conf file: Also didn't help...
Any further ideas?
PS: Distro "Debian Lenny Amd64" out of the box, only ndiswrapper
installed and WLAN configured
- Prev by Date: Re: redhat can't see network card on MSI K9NGM4 V2
- Next by Date: Re: Best way to replace DSL with point-point wirless?
- Previous by thread: anonymizing proxy solution
- Next by thread: Re: Slow DNS Lookup (and no IPv6-issue???)