can I rsync on UDP?

its a lame question, but let me ask you Gurus,

I have task of downloading files sized little over 1GB using rsync. It
is taking lot of time because of my lousy network speed. Just to test
I want to try rsync over UDP if possible, I am sure someone should
have done this trial, Can you share ideas about how to do it.

Thanks

  • Re: can I rsync on UDP?
    ... of rsync on that remote machine to connect the two together. ... That mode is NOT encrypted (as rsync over ssh is) and can be about ... Or is EVERYTHING done with UDP? ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: nfs problems
    ... after runing rsync several times, ... I will try using tcp (instead of udp) soon. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: can I rsync on UDP?
    ... I want to try rsync over UDP if possible, ... FWIW, if there's a UDP-based protocol that rsync can use, I ... encryption probably being the bottleneck. ... If it is a long distance transfer then an hour would not be out of place. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)