Re: load-balancing twin 10GbE?

"Steve Wampler" <swampler@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:agdo16x9os.ln2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve Wampler wrote:
It is? 960MB is 9.6% of 10GB.

True, but it's 96% of 10Gb.

The moment I sent this, I just *knew* someone would do
the math :).

That's a (very) rough approximation to point out that
10GB ~= 10Gb. The actual % is lower, but without knowing

10GB ~= 100Gb. There is at least a factor of 8 (perhaps more,
depending on transmission characteristics) between the two.

frame size, protocol (TCP vs UDP), etc., it's hard to get
an accurate number. Someone with more network smarts
than me (uh, that'd be most of you...) can do the real
math. Anyway, the % is high enough that I worry about
sending 960MB/s sustained down a 10GbE wire, though thanks
to Rick's input I'm worrying a little less than before!

  • Re: JSH: Pathetic, but world is still here
    ... This is a fine example of the utter nuttiness of James Harris, ... > One neat thing is that I've verified just about all of the mathematics, ... > reason worrying about potential fall-out from my discovery. ... I have my other research results, where the math is so ...
    (sci.math)
  • JSH: Pathetic, but world is still here
    ... One neat thing is that I've verified just about all of the mathematics, ... reason worrying about potential fall-out from my discovery. ... I have my other research results, where the math is so ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: indium solder
    ... Melting point 118 C. ... looked up was right and I didn't screw up the math, ... is that it isn't wire. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Oops
    ... a superconducting wire in a circle of radius r carrying a current I ... calculate the tension in the wire". ... The question is unanswerable because when you do the math for it ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)