Re: appliance firewall

Thad Floryan wrote:
On May 7, 10:45 pm, ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
[...]
Firewall/NAT/router/port forwarding. But it must be a *real* firewall.
NAT *is not* a firewall.

Then you might want this kind of product:

<http://www.sonicwall.com/>

I've installed 100s over the years and not one has even been
compromised. Current home/SOHO model is TZ180; my TZ170 has
provided years of infallible service.

Their PRO series work great for medium-sized companies.

Thank you!

  • Re: NAT vs. True Firewalls
    ... not just mean packet filter. ... A firewall can be made up of one or more ... components that can block or filter protocol traffic between two networks. ... So a NAT can be as much part of a firewall implementation as the ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: home network behind NAT and firewall ?
    ... >> real Firewall appliance with more than 20 systems at any given time. ... >> firewall provides for the ability to assign both public (not nat) and ... that would reset the router and allow remote control - it was noted ... >> LAN inside their network and it would never have to reach the ISP's ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: 56k dial up on laptop 802.11G ?
    ... NAT is not FW software. ... > firewall is literally anything that defends your network against ... >>By comparing the way NAT functions between two networks, ... >>And I consider the FW appliance to out class the packet filtering NAT ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • EBS 2008, TMG and external firewall. Dont want double NAT
    ... the internal interface of the security server. ... accessible through the external IP (whilst NAT is still turned on as is ... I forward from the firewall to the internal interface it works (external ... apparently this does use the publishing rule for acceptance of the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: do i need a new router
    ... Standard SBS ... > uses IPSec, NAT and port forwarding, Premium SBS includes all that plus ... I've never had a firewall or an appliance ... public connection and always tucked them ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)