Re: Access Point Details

John Thompson wrote:

I know Linux historically can supply plenty of network details but I have tried to search for Linux programs similar to netstumbler and airsnare.

The former gives details of surrounding access points (channels etc) and the latter warns of any attempts to join your network.

Any suggestions of similar Linux programs appreciated.

"iwlist scan" will find local access points:

From the iwlist --help command it lists the 'scanning' option, is this different to iwlist scan

Geoff Lane

  • Re: Access Point Details
    ... have tried to search for Linux programs similar to netstumbler and airsnare. ... The former gives details of surrounding access points (channels etc) and the latter warns of any attempts to join your network. ... Any suggestions of similar Linux programs appreciated. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Access Point Details
    ... The former gives details of surrounding access points (channels etc) and the latter warns of any attempts to join your network. ... Any suggestions of similar Linux programs appreciated. ... I've briefly viewed kismet before but found it a wee bit complicated but I think I'll give it another go, ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Access Point Details