Re: Very strange, multiple IP addresses on the same Ethernet card do not route properly

Guys, my feeling is that this may not be a Linux configuration issue,
but instead, the routing issue at my ISP. They may somehow not update
their network equipment when IPs come up. I will try to talk to them.

  • Re: upd: 7.2->8.1 & many networks trouble & flowtable
    ... This redesign of separately managing L2 ARP/ND6 and L3 routing tables already show performance gain on multicore systems. ... What ultimately relevant only to the equipment is used at the ISP. ... And here it is not simply included in the source tree, and is enabled by default in the GENERIC kernel! ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: 760 series configuration
    ... Following is a "canonical" example config for a typical ISP setup ... ... Configuration for IOS-700 in the following scenario: ... - authenticating via PAP - will authenticate to the ISP but will ... SET IP ROUTING OFF ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Multiple external interfaces
    ... >> It sounds like you need to set up routing tables to have one segment get ... see in outgoing frames/packets -- they never see extB's IP or MAC). ... All other dual line setups to a single ISP I've seen required static ... external NICs and just one internal NIC? ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Routing with 2 ISP
    ... I had a small network with one ISP and firewall. ... I will add the second routing table named "adsl" and configure routing ... Also, unless you have nothing but machines and people you trust on all these little subnets, have the external ISP connections on NICs not reachable from the private machines without going through your firewall. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: ZA shows " IP Protocol 88 " (?)
    ... Well...They're not givin' out much info, can't blame 'em, but my ISP did ... Routing of packets through ... packets to be routed through the compromised, ... We do not suggest doing so if the alert does ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)