Re: Google wants to see client addresses in DNS queries

On Thu, 04 Feb 2010, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking, in
article <hkcvvi$2mjk$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Pascal Hambourg wrote:

Moe Trin a écrit :

Now, if your resolver or the immediate name server you are using
doesn't include this option (or set things to the designated wild
card), your address indications won't be included. I suspect the
kernel authors will include a flag in /proc/net/some_where/or/another
to control this.

Huh ? What does the kernel have to do with DNS ?

Probably about as much as responding to pings, or ECN. I'm _guessing_
it's going to be part of the C library resolver function, and I'm not
sure how to "control" that.

Old guy
.