Re: Google wants to see client addresses in DNS queries

On Thu, 04 Feb 2010, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking, in
article <hkcvvi$2mjk$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Pascal Hambourg wrote:

Moe Trin a écrit :

Now, if your resolver or the immediate name server you are using
doesn't include this option (or set things to the designated wild
card), your address indications won't be included. I suspect the
kernel authors will include a flag in /proc/net/some_where/or/another
to control this.

Huh ? What does the kernel have to do with DNS ?

Probably about as much as responding to pings, or ECN. I'm _guessing_
it's going to be part of the C library resolver function, and I'm not
sure how to "control" that.

Old guy

  • Re: WOMEN IN SCIENCE - LETTER TO THE ACLU
    ... > Some "sensitivity training" on behalf of the men who control this ... is long overdue --for instance do not direct them toward this ... As a Usenet newsgroup, talk.origins is like a bar on ... moderated newsgroup. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Compromise of the nobody account?
    ... On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.security.unix, in article ... Never noticed it -- maybe Giganews is filtering the spam. ... I'm killing google-posts in only four ... no control posts from their service. ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: horse boots
    ... >POSTS FROM THOSE WHO THINK THEY ARE A BAD IDEA ALTOGETHER! ... a Usenet newsgroup rather than a "board". ... While you control what you post here and may choose to control what ... Prev by Date: ...
    (rec.equestrian)