Re: problems with wvdial

lrhorer <lrhorer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:3_GdndQN--INCPbWnZ2dnUVZ_jhi4p2d@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

irtualization of DTR, or by +++ATH. I would expect the former.

Perhaps you may want to
experiment with the 'disconnect' option to pppd.

Nope. The problem was a kernel bug. Upgrading the kernel
fixed it.

So what kernel fixed the problem?
--
buck

  • Ive just installed SuSE 8.2 and its not recognising my Alcatel
    ... SpeedTouch USB Modem. ... Do I need to patch the kernel or pppd? ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Flames over -- Re: Which is simpler?
    ... effect of doing a logical disconnect on the device. ... Does the kernel have any problem figuring out when a _different_ device ... But it does happen with USB disks, and it's not a bug; ... having the hardware verify that the device was connected the whole time. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • pf & clonable devices
    ... I'm back at the moment to an isdn line for internet connection, ... using pppd (kernel ppp) and an isdn TA. ... pppX interfaces are created on demand as pppd is started. ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: AT&T Wireless GPRS networking with Merlin G100 card
    ... I can't reassign it as the remote IP address on an existing PPP ... interface although I can reassign a normal IP address. ... it *is* IN_BADCLASSthat causes pppd to terminate. ... But if the kernel won't configure the PPP interface with 255.255.255.255 ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Problem with 2.6-testXX and alcatel speedtouch usb modem
    ... >> I try to make this modem working. ... >> driver which included in the kernel, ... You need to use a pppoa aware pppd and not call pppd. ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)