sysctl permission denied on mc_forwarding keys
- From: J G Miller <miller@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 17:53:25 +0000 (UTC)
On Debian testing, Linux 3.0.0-1-686-pae, the kernel config file
in /boot/config-3.0.0-1-686-pae has
Please would somebody explain why this happens?
# sysctl net.ipv4.conf.default.mc_forwarding=1
error: permission denied on key 'net.ipv4.conf.default.mc_forwarding'
and similiarty for .all., .eth0., .gre1. etc.
Why is it not possible to turn on multicast forwarding on any interface?
Thanks for your help.
- Prev by Date: Re: Re (2): Where does sendmail fetch the <mailText> from?
- Next by Date: kvm bridging problem on ubuntu 11.04
- Previous by thread: Re: Antivirus for SMTP Gateway?
- Next by thread: Re: sysctl permission denied on mc_forwarding keys