Linux as strong end host
- From: dspfun <dspfun@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 00:07:56 -0700 (PDT)
Among many usages, Linux can be used/configured as an "End
System" (a.k.a. host) or a router.
When using Linux as an ES (End System), Linux can be configured/used
as supporting either the "Strong ES Model" or the "Weak ES Model".
default for a Linux ES is the "Weak ES Model".
See http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1122 regarding "Strong ES Model"
"Weak ES Model".
The question is, what is the easiest/best way to configure/setup
as an End System supporting the "Strong ES Model"?
Does there exist a "simple configuration flag" for configuring the
Linux host either as weak or strong?
If not do you think it would be a useful/helpful configuration option
- Prev by Date: Handlers registered with dev_add_pack - executed in irq or bh context?
- Next by Date: Re: Linux as strong end host
- Previous by thread: Handlers registered with dev_add_pack - executed in irq or bh context?
- Next by thread: Re: Linux as strong end host