Re: Bridge : Assigning an IP of the "protected network"

Hello,

Grigoris Lionis a écrit :
Hello everyone,
I need tcp (statefull) access from a transparent bridge, without
messing wit the network (ie no nat on the bridge, availiable subnet
full..., cannot assign new ip to the bridge) .
Is it possible to generate a tcp/ip connection from the bridge, using
an ip of a machine behind the
bridge, with the bridge routing to that machine everything but the
connection
originating from the bridge itself? So the rest of the net (nat server
etc) would view the traffic as originating from the protected system
while the same traffic would not be bridged to it. To the outside
world, any connection originating from the bridge would look like it
comes from the machine behind the bridge.

Without NAT, I don't see how it is possible. Even with NAT, I am not
sure it can work.
.