Re: Network problems on VAIO PCG-F150

From: José Luis Gómez Dans (josegomez_at_remove.gmx.net)
Date: 07/17/03

Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:21:36 +0100

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:26:18 +0000, Jose L Gómez Dans wrote:

> I have found some references to passing the following parameters to
> the kernel:
> acpi=off
> noapic.

        I finally got round to try this out. It is an improvement; the system no
longer crashes on high network load *ALL* the time, but rather quite
often. I managed to download a list of packages from the debian mirrror.

        I now get an error from usb-uhc.c:
usb-uhc.c: interrupt, status 30, frame # 1365
usb-uhc.c: Host controller halted, trying to restart (repeasted 3 or 4
times)

        While the laptop has USB; it is not being used (at least, not that I know
off!). Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks
José

Relevant Pages

  • Re: platform builder 4.2 debugger cannot connect to target
    ... I have a 10 M Extension Ethernet card. ... Enable Full Kernel Mode --- yes ... I captured the serial port output during the download and boot up. ... Downloading operating system image for flash target. ...
  • Re: Existing DSL not detected by re-install
    ... >Just in case you compile something that needs the kernel source. ... and then failing to install because ... Anyway, I had the same *problem*, the 2nd time with the download from ... >or two after a change is made on the parent sites. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: FLAME____ Why is the kernel source not included
    ... Thanks very much for the script. ... this is more generic to any distro, and not even just the kernel). ... -select a trusted download site from the mirror list ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: TALPA - a threat model? well sorta.
    ... download bitrate is very slow. ... Most of this may end up being outside of the kernel (i.e.,some kind of ... *other* than the bittorrent client tries to access the file". ... nor should userspace tell the kernel not to send events. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Newer Linux (that is, kernel)
    ... is a kernel). ... Download the sources from Edgy repositories and ... Download sources from Ubuntu using git. ...
    (Ubuntu)