Re: Status of Centrino wireless support

From: Lee Trager (nuke_at_NUKE.localdomain)
Date: 08/28/03

    Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:33:24 GMT

    On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:44:05 +0200, Sant Iscle wrote:

    > On date 08-26-2003 I filled a form in the Intel's web requesting Centrino
    > wireless drivers for Linux.
    >
    > The form:
    >
    > http://supportmail.intel.com/scripts-emf/welcome.asp
    >
    > Te response of intel:

    > Hello Angel,
    >
    > Thank you for contacting Intel(R) Technical Support.
    >
    > Intel(R) Centrino(TM) Mobile Technology driver development being
    > scoped.
    > Expect needed drivers first half 2004, if not sooner.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Carlos B.
    > Intel(R) Technical Support

    While doing reserach to find out how to get my laptop working
    without replacing the WiFi card I found this
    http://intel.com/ebusiness/notebook/centrino/cisco.htm the part
    that really interested me is this

    Intel Centrino mobile technology with Intel® PROSet software1
    includes support for Cisco Compatible Extensions. With PC manufacturer's
    availability and validation, this enables interoperability with
    Cisco Aironet wireless LAN infrastructure. Full functionality may
    require downloading additional software. Check with your PC manufacturer
    for details regarding Cisco Compatible availability.

    Does this mean centrino laptop's may work with the Aironet drivers
    even though we are using an Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI
    adapter?

    • Status of Centrino wireless support
      ... Te response of intel: ... Hello Angel, ... Thank you for contacting IntelTechnical Support. ... Expect needed drivers first half 2004, ...
      (comp.os.linux.portable)
    • Re: Major BSOD, unsure of cause, possibly Intel SATA Controller Driver? Please help!
      ... and uninstall the Intel Ultra ATA Storage Driver. ... thereby not needing the Intel SATA RAID Drivers. ... > Intel 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Dynticks Causing High Context Switch Rate in ksoftirqd
      ... LSI 53c1030 PCI-X Fusion-MPT Dual Ultra320 SCSI ... Newer SATA/PATA Intel PIIX drivers ... # Core Netfilter Configuration ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: x86 architecture questions
      ... You don't need the priviledges in ... This ignores the fact that OSes also run a 3rd type of code: drivers. ... It would also make a lot of sense if Intel had implemented R/W and U/S perms ... The theoretical term "ring" may be tied to segmentation, ...
      (comp.lang.asm.x86)
    • Re: High CPU usage and slow response
      ... FWIW I upped the RAM on my home SBS 2008 from 4 to 6 GB because it was intolerably slow, and that's just a test server that usually runs with no client PCs. ... In my experience with Intel desktop boards, you can sometimes find good drivers by seeing the exact component name that's acting up in Device Manager, then searching the Intel support forums. ... The installation was ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)